Músaem Chorca Dhuibhne
The museum is situated in the old schoolhouse (built in 1875 - a monument in itself) in Baile an Fheirtéaraigh/Ballyferriter, 13km (8 miles) west of Dingle.
In the museum you can learn about the geology, archaeology, heritage and history of the area. Some of the artefacts on display are on loan from the National Museum of Ireland, which we acknowledge with thanks. There is also a programme, from time-to-time of visiting exhibitions, on a variety of topics.
The museum houses a café, and a book shop, which also stocks cards and small gifts which have been made in the area, as well as books suitable for learners of the Irish language at all levels.
Open 7 days a week, 10:00am-5:00pm, June to September and at Easter. Open by request during winter months.
- Address: Baile an Fheirtéaraigh, Trá Lí, Co. Chiarraí
- Telephone: 00353 66 9156333 or 00353 66 9156100
- Website: http://www.westkerrymuseum.com/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DinglePeninsulaMuseum
- Distance from Dingle Town: 10-15km
- Archaeology Shops