Think Before you Flush
Think Before You Flush is a public awareness campaign about the problem sanitary products and other items can cause in our marine environment and our wastewater systems if they are flushed down the toilet.
The Think Before You Flush campaign invites you to make small changes in your bathroom behaviour in order to protect our coastal environment.
Every piece of litter removed from the marine environment is a piece of litter that won’t pollute our oceans or be ingested by marine life. #2minutebeachclean is asking everyone who goes to the beach to do their very own #2minutebeachclean. Take a snap of the litter you collect and post your snap on instagram/twitter/facebook with the hashtags #2minutebeachclean and #cleancoasts
Photo shows the board at Maharabeg Blue Flag Beach in the Maharees, Dingle Peninsula.
beat the microbead
Beat the Microbead campaign asks
- Manufacturers to stop using microbeads;
- Retailers to stop selling products containing microbeads;
- Consumers to download the app and to check if their personal care products of choice contain mircrobeads;
- Consumers to stop buying products containing microbeads;
- Governments to ban the use of microbeads in personal care products NOW.
About Clean Coasts
Clean Coasts are creating a tangible and immediate improvement on Ireland’s coastal environment through,
- Organising 100s of beach clean-ups each year
- Mobilising thousands of volunteers, removing large quantities of marine litter from our coastline.
- Promoting and facilitating coastal clean-ups and marine litter surveys.
For more information and to get involved please see Clean Coasts Website