Hold a Baby Lamb
Have you ever held a baby lamb? Try a new experience and hold a lamb with us while you are on the Dingle Peninsula. We are situated on the Wild Atlantic Way, a few kilometres after Ventry village and across from the ‘Ceann Sleibhe’ Discovery Point sign.
- Plenty of parking
- Baby lambs (if you are lucky you will arrive at feeding time!),
- Sheep-dog shows (check ahead for times)
- Early medieval stone-built round houses (also known as clocháin, or ‘beehive huts’, as they look similar to an old-fashioned type of box used for keeping bees), dating from over 1000 years ago. Very like the houses lived in by the monks on Skellig Michael.
- Some late 19th-century examples which are still fully roofed – experience what it would have been like to live in such a tiny house!
- Stunning views across to the Skelligs (of Star Wars fame)
- Views of the Blasket Islands and across to the ‘Ring of Kerry’
- Sometimes dolphins and porpoises can be seen from the site, and even a whale now and again!
- Have a cup of freshly-brewed coffee or tea and enjoy the views
- 19th-century farmhouse with typical kitchen lay-out - dress
er and other fittings
- Address: Fahan, Ventry Co.Kerry
- Telephone: 00 353 (0)87 9745 977
- Nearest Town or Village: Ventry / Ceann Trá